This year, prayer emphasis week is January 21—28. We want to encourage all of us to pray daily, and participate in prayer events as you are able.
Some ideas for you to incorporate prayer more deliberately into your everyday life:
– Call someone and pray with them on the phone.
– Write out a prayer, and put it where you can see it.
– Set an alarm for 5:17pm (based on the reference for pray continually—1 Thessalonians 5:17)
– Fast—take the opportunity this week to fast, not necessarily from food. Take this time to pray.
P R A Y E R W E E K E V E N T S:
– Every day: 8:30-9:00am prayer time at the church office — come and join us or pray where you are!
– Wednesday: 6:00am prayer in the basement
– Wednesday: 9:30am German Bible Study
– Sunday (Jan. 28): potluck communion supper at 5:00pm in the gym with sharing and prayer meeting
Some challenging, yet encouraging words from the prayer guide:
“Who do you encounter every day? Do you call on the Holy Spirit to empower you to shine Jesus’ light to family and colleagues in every encounter?”
“Ask God to put people in your path who need prayer. Ask God for boldness to pray for the hurting in this world, and then watch as the power God promised touches lives through you.”