Role Focus: Adult Ministries
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Reports to: Co-Lead Pastor
Position type: Permanent Part-Time or Full-Time
King Road MB Church is a multi-generational church committed to fulfilling the Great Commission: internally, locally, and world-wide. We have a strong, unified co-pastor leadership with vision and passion for King Road and for outreach. The heart of the leadership is to equip the church for discipleship.
The Adult Ministries Pastor is responsible for ensuring all aspects of spiritual growth and development of college-aged young adults, singles and young marrieds that attend King Road MB Church. This includes leadership for programming, teaching, events, and management in support of the overall vision, mission, and purpose of King Road Church.
This person will have the following objectives in regards to the following demographics:
1. College-age young adults
- Work together with the Youth Pastor to help the youth to transition well into the college-aged ministry.
- Assist the college-aged young adults to develop and implement an evangelism and discipleship lifestyle.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high traction teaching.
- Facilitate and provide opportunities for college-age young adults to serve the church with their gifts and bridge the integration of young adults into the various ministries of the church.
2. Unmarried adults
- Ensure that the church culture values unmarried adults.
- Develop a positive attitude in the church toward the high calling of being an unmarried adult.
- Ensure that unmarried adults feel part of the church and are incorporated into care groups.
- Encourage unmarried adults to serve in their area(s) of giftedness in the church.
3. Young marrieds
- Help couples to find their area of ministry or service within the Church.
- Plan and organize various couples groups
- Organize events for Marriage and Family Ministry that can be utilized for their development and as outreach and discipleship events.
4. General Objectives
- The Adult Ministry Pastor will help these different demographics listed above grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ in a way that will enable them to spiritually develop others by discovering who God has specifically designed them to be and what God has specifically called them to do.
- The Adult Ministries Pastor will also assist in other pastoral duties as requested/needed (could include preaching, visitation, etc)
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Biblical studies or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in a pastoral position is preferred
- Experience leading adult ministries is considered an asset
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Relates well with different cultures and generations
- Ability to develop meaningful mentoring relationships
- Passionate to pastor young adults (married and single)
- Able to motivate and inspire young leaders
- Proven ability to be a visionary leader and think “outside the box”
- Strong character and reputation with Biblical character traits as recorded in scripture (1 Timothy 3)
- Appropriately open and transparent
- Note that it is not required to know the German language to serve in this position, but an appreciation for other languages and cultures is essential.
King Road Church is a part of the Mennonite Brethren family of churches. To that end, agreement with the MB Confession of Faith is required, as well as the commitment to becoming credentialed by our provincial denominational office. Put a different way, theology matters. Additionally, we require successful applicants to become members of King Road Church; this provides a more formal mutual accountability relationship. The successful candidate will be required to complete a vulnerable sector search.
We thank all those for applying, but only those closely matching the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 15th